2013/03/26

Kayla turned 2 on Saturday! She wanted an ice cream birthday party so that is what we did. We just had a small party with family. The girls and I made a piñata  with paper mache but after drying 24 hour, it was still not even close to dry so we had the brilliant idea of drying it in the oven and......the balloon popped. Luckily my visiting teachers came over that day and one of them had lots of experience with making piñatas for her kids and she told me that a great in a pinch piñata was a cereal box taped closed. So the girls helped me fill a cereal box with candy and then we taped it closed covered it in tissue paper and the girls covered it in, I think, three packs of stickers. Then we put some craft ice cream cones on it, made a rope handle and it was done in under an hour!
We did the piñata in the morning before mike had to go to work. It was a really fun family activity.

 
 After mike got home from work Kayla blew out her candles and opened her presents. We forgot to get birthday candles, hence the tea lights, haha.
 I found these papers lying on the floor the other day with kayla's drawings all over it. How many capital B's can you find. I counted 6! I was totally surprised. We have been focusing on a letter of the alphabet each week, learning to write it and recognized words that start with that letter and anything eles fun and interesting that has to do with that letter. We cook food starting with that letter and learn about animals, bugs, things and places that start with that letter and jada keeps a list of all the words she learns about. This week the girls choose the letter B and I found this really cool tutorial on youtube that taught them how to write upper and lower case Bb and then showed them how to turn the letter B into a butterfly and a flower. Kayla was there with her paper and pencil too but I didn't expect her to have the dexterity in her hands yet for forming letters but I was wrong. I have been finding B's upper and lower case all over her drawings. I think it is so neat how she can do that.
Her speaking has been rapidly improving lately too! She is such a beautiful , bright, and sweet little girl and brings a lot of joy to our home. Happy Birthday Kayla!

No comments: